Front Desk Supervisor
Sunland RV Resorts
Full Time - San Diego, CA
Our vision is to be the PREMIER Hospitality RV Company by employing the VERY BEST PEOPLE, trained and empowered to deliver a QUALITY product with SENSATIONAL service to every guest, every time. We believe that every member of the team plays an important role in the overall success of the company.
As a member of the Resort Team, the Front Desk Supervisor reports to and assists the Resort Manager in achieving the properties goals. The primary focus of this position is to create a pleasant and engaging experience for our RV resort customers through inbound and outbound call efforts, concierge services and administrative responsibilities, working closely with the Resort Manager and managing all guest services personnel. Your team will serve as the face of the resort as you interact with current and prospective guests who come to the office with questions and concerns.
Role and Responsibilities
- Field incoming web chats and phone calls.
- Guide incoming callers through the reservation process.
- Up-sell the property with sales scripts and in-depth resort knowledge.
- Meet and/or exceed targeted call ratios, occupancy goals, and revenue creation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with existing guests to obtain new customers through referral programs.
- Support marketing efforts by maintaining mailing lists, responding to inquiries and providing feedback on current promotions.
- Maximize sales by extending the stays of customers, up-selling to premier site types, reserving future bookings, and selling cottage/villa vacations.
- Greet and establish rapport with guests. Field resort comments, suggestions, and complaints.
- Check guests in and out for their reservations.
- Maximize site revenue and occupancy by booking chart and site status daily.
- Assist guests with concierge type services: Directions, restaurant recommendations, and preferred service providers.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front desk or through the reservationist in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Collect and post security deposits, rent, or funds for other services.
- Make collection calls for site rental payments as directed.
- Prepare and distribute resort communications such as rule reminders, violation notices, etc.
- Motivate, coach and counsel all guest services personnel according to standard operating practices.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of guest services personnel.
- Assist with planning and coordination of guest events and activities within the resort.
- Ability to “Think on your feet” and respond appropriately in a busy environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Customer Service-oriented – willing and able to go above and beyond for our guests
- Able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Willing and able to learn new things
- Enjoy working in a rewarding, fun, and positive environment
- Associates Degree or Higher Required
- Must be available on weekends and holidays
- Minimum Travel – travel between resorts to cover shifts and/or events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and be insurable.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service, administrative and hospitality experience
- Strong telephone and customer service skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Professional appearance
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, email, internet, and provide data entry in a timely and efficient manner
- Previous experience using reservation software, a plus
- RV resort office or hotel front desk experience, a plus
- Bi-lingual, a plus
SUNLAND RV RESORTS
Since 1986, Sunland RV Resorts (an affiliate of Paydar Properties) has been a premier RV resort operator in the Southwest. Now with locations in California, Florida and Michigan, Sunland owns and manages ten properties and over 2,500 RV sites. Sunland RV Resorts properties feature site rentals, lot ownership, and eco-cottages. A leading brand in the recreational travel industry, Sunland is advancing the industry through resort development, partnerships and exceptional guest services. Sunland has a marketing and production arm with a unique expertise in the industry that drives exceptional growth in top line revenue, guest awareness and brand recognition.